Thursday, February 4, 2010

February... Febrrrruarrrryy

Ya, cold. So cold that my previously $50-65 month electric bill was $140 last month... and my thermostat was set at 68, thank you very much. The coulprits: my sliding door to the balcony and the uninsulated pipes. The balcony door lets in a horrible draft in the winter and there's only a few things I can do about it. The water heater and the copper water pipes are uninsulated and so it wastes power trying to keep my water hot... i wondered why the hot water never lasted over 5 min in the shower.

Now that I've passed my RS exam and can keep my job, I can now study for my arborist exam so that I can put my degree to some use. Other than that, work is fine. Waiting for spring so that we can get back out into the septic installation inspections and such. I've been working out 3 times a week and increasing my reps monthly.... though its only been a little over a month since I started :P Not really looking too hard for a house right now. Just keeping my eyes peeled but not actively searching.

Ariel's been working a lot lately on the weekends, says her manager has it out for her because she keeps getting scheduled doubles. Other than that, I don't hear complain too much about classes, so I assume they're going alright.

Linzy has continued astounding us. She carries on conversations with us and amazes us at times with what she says, (as in the extent of her vocabulary, not in the depth of her observations.) She has taken to playing with her baby dolls a bit more now. Carrying them around with her, 'feeding' them, putting them to 'bed', etc. Much better than pushing them down the slide... or the stairs. She even takes them to the bathroom and sets them on her potty, so they can go too. She really enjoys us reading to her more and more now, sometimes she'll 'read' to us a book that we've read so many times it seems that she memorized the story. She's doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment